For marketers, these latest Facebook statistics can help develop strategies to ensure you are targeting the audience you want to reach in the most effective way. Here are the key Facebook stats for January 2017 via Zephoria
- Worldwide, there are over 1.79 billion monthly active Facebook users (Facebook MAUs) which is a 16 percent increase year over year. (Source: Facebook as of 11/02/16).
- 4.5 billion likes generated daily as of May 2013 which is a 67 percent increase from August 2012(Source: Facebook)
- 1.18 billion people log onto Facebook daily active users (Facebook DAU) for September 2016, which represents a 17% increase year over year (Source: Facebook as 11/02/16)
- There are 1.66 billion mobile active users (Mobile Facebook MAU) for September 2016 (Source: Facebook as of 11/02/16) an increase of 20 percent year-over-year. There are 1.03 billion Mobile Daily Active Users (Facebook DAU) for June 2016 which is an increase of 22% year-over-year.
- On average, the Like and Share Buttons are viewed across almost 10 million websites daily. (Source: Facebook as of 10/2/2014)
- In Europe, over 307 million people are on Facebook. (Source: Search Engine Journal)
- Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic. (Source:Emarketer)
- Five new profiles are created every second. (Source: ALLFacebook)
- Facebook users are 76% female (out of 100% of all females) and 66% male (out of 100% of all males).This is stat is one that you really have to think about because it’s comparing the percentage of all females against the percentage of all males who are on Facebook. To dig a little deeper take a look at this study which does a much better job at explaining the nuances – Source: Brandwatch
- Highest traffic occurs mid-week between 1 to 3 pm. (Source: Bit.ly blog) On another note, a Facebook post at 7pm will result in more clicks on average than posting at 8pm (Source: Forbes).
- On Thursdays and Fridays, engagement is 18% higher. (Source: Bit.ly blog)
- There are 83 million fake profiles. (Source: CNN)
- Photo uploads total 300 million per day. (Source: Gizmodo)
- Average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes. (Source: Infodocket)
- Every 60 seconds on Facebook: 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded. (Source: The Social Skinny)
- 4.75 billion pieces of content shared daily as of May 2013 which is a 94 percent increase from August 2012. (Source: Facebook)
- 50% of 18-24 year-olds go on Facebook when they wake up. (Source: The Social Skinny)
- One in five page views in the United States occurs on Facebook. (Source: Infodocket 2012)
- 42% of marketers report that Facebook is critical or important to their business. (Source: State of Inbound Marketing 2012 The Takeaway:
- 16 Million local business pages have been created as of May 2013 which is a 100 percent increase from 8 million in June 2012. (Source: Facebook).
Thought to take with you: At 1.79 billion, Facebook has more monthly active users than WhatsApp (500 million), Twitter (284 million) and Instagram (200 million)—combined. (Source: CNBC)
More Facebook stats can be found from their 2016 third quarter results here