Facebook released their roadshow video yesterday and demonstrated how their business is a good match for potential investors. The video which you can see above in full, lasts over thirty two minutes. Here are several key points from Zuckerberg and the Facebook team:
- In his introductory opening, Zuckerberg says, “I grew up with the Internet… The thing that seemed like it was missing was actually people…Even very early on there was this concept of what this could turn into… We are going to reach this point where almost every app you use is going to be integrated with Facebook in some way”.
- From Sheryl Sandberg, “In the United States every day on Facebook is like the season-finale of American Idol, the most popular show on television, times two… People trust recommendations from their friends…This is word of mouth, at scale, for the very first time.”
- American Express’ chief marketing officer John Hayes touts AmEx’s Small Business spending day as a great success thanks to Facebook.
- From David Ebersman, Facebook’s CFO – “Our top priority has been increasing the number of people using Facebook… Facebook touches a part of the human experience that is pretty much universal… Expect us to continue to grow headcount, albeit at a measured pace… And capital expenditures will continue in infrastructure. While we aspire for Facebook to be a high-margin business, we won’t hesitate to make additional investments…We believe mobile usage of Facebook is critical…so expect us to invest heavily”.
- After the thirty minute video appears to end on the timer, there is an “appendix” with an extra marketing campaign by alcohol giant Diageo, in which the company explains how it uses Facebook.