Apple removed Atom processor support in the latest update to Snow Leopard – 10.6.2. This prevents the MSI Wind hackintosh to update correctly. However, by following the instructions below, you can easily enable 10.6.2 support.
1. Download the 10.6.2 update from Apple’s download site.
2. Before running the update, launch Terminal and type in the following command:
sudo cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_10_6_1
3. Now, run the installer, but DO NOT restart
4. Next, type the following commands into the Terminal:
sudo cp /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_10_6_2
sudo cp /mach_kernel_10_6_1 /mach_kernel
5. Finally, launch any tools you need to patch your ktexts (if needed).
6. Restart Snow Leopard.